Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's good to be back


It's been a long while since I sat down seriously and whip out a lengthy tabloid version of my life....or was it just a last couple of months? :)

Amazing trip: I got back last week after a 3.5 days team offsite meeting in the scorching hot Dubai. Apart from the day to day intensive meetings and technical information drilling which my spongy head was trying very hard to absorb, I've managed to squeeze in some time to play a game of beach volleyball at the Jumeriah beach resort, rode on a camel (YES!!!); got a temporary tattoo (don't let my mum see that and you got to see the tattoo Howard did - it was hilarious! Get him to tell you what 'design' he got); took a shopping stroll at Dubai's souk market (not Zouk- no spelling mistake here), sat in a boat which took me to see the night lights of Souk, had some pictures taken with the lovely 7 star hotel as the background (visitors not allowed to enter) and yes, visited the Dubai museum and basking in the sunny weather everyday.

I ate like a whale too when I came back from Dubai. I was stuffed with my nasi lemak, char kway teow, horfun, mee rebus....yummy and smacking my lips. Sinful, yet great food for the whole week, tonnes of calories and high cholesterol which I horrendously loved and yes, who cares!

It feels good to be back in my motherland again. Brillant!

No comments: