Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Wonderful Tonight


The radio was playing Eric Clapton's wonderful rendition of 'Wonderful Tonight'.

I remember you. The hall was filled with many people and we were coming to the end of your school celebration. There I was sitting there with my friends, waiting for the whole ceremony to end. Then I heard your voice over the speaker, dedicating the song to me. Shocked, embrassed and teased by my friends, I was loss for words. We have met less than 3 times and barely spoke a word except for the last 'Goodbye' I said to you before I board the bus. I did not expect this.

As I waited outside the hall still trying to figure out this, you came and stand before me. Still trying to recover from the aftermath, I was totally loss for words. You just stand there smiling at me. From your eyes, it seemed the words have spoken and nothing else needed to be conveyed. At that moment, it was just you and me, caught up in our own little world.

You sent us to the bus stop and waited for all of us to board the bus before you leave. Coincidentally, I was the last to leave (was this fate playing with us?) As I sat down on the seat at the back of the bus, I stared out of the window and saw you waved your hands at me. I waved back and as the bus moved on, I felt a hot flush on my cheeks. I turned my head and saw your broad shoulders walking away. Your image was slowly fading away and at that split second, it looked sad, very sad.

Everytime I hear this song, I think of you and I hope you will think of me too.

No comments: