Monday, October 23, 2006

A Hazy Haze Day.....

With the haze looming gloomily over our skies, my life seemed to have come to a partial standstill for the past few weeks and yes, I am terribly upset over it.

Nowadays, my life revolves around getting to work, and getting home with minimal contact with the outside air. Thank goodness that my company allows employees to work from home (and if Howard is reading this, he will agree with me too) :)

The PSI has been hitting over the 100 mark constantly for the past few evenings when I knocked off from work, which makes it a challenge for me to do my normal jogging routine. And even as I sneakily tried to put on my jogging shoes, I could hear the rantings from my dearest mummy going 'And where do you think you are going in this haze?' My attempts to sneak out for a quick run in the park has once again been backfired. Sigh.

And just how long is the haze going to be around? As papers reported, the haze will be lingering around till the end of the year with the occassional rain stopping by, easing away the dryness and helping to create that temporary relief for all of us. Where is the so called rain? It rained for less than 15 mins on Sunday (though I was really thinking of doing my dance in the rain to welcome it's arrival) and it's hot and stuffy out there eversince the rain came and went so fast.

In desperate times like this, I need to call for desperate measures. I need to exercise more to release the feel-good endorphins. And please don’t tell me to work out in the gym. I am a person who loves only outdoor exercise. I need to perspire, get all sweaty and sticky. You know what I mean right.

Yes, I think the government can also consider building an indoor swimming pool (it's costly I know, but hey, it's for the benefit of everyone's health). And to all those who are taking part in the Great Eastern marathorn this coming Sunday, enjoy the run and let's pray that the haze will go away soon.

No comments: