Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Lost Son


An avid fan of CSI Miami (and not CSI LA or NY - will elaborate on this preference later), I was very glad when CSI Miami III was shown on TV yesterday night. I loved watching Season I & II and loved even more Season III.

Wow, but what a sad episode it was yesterday and it totally blow me out. The 'Lost Son' episode was an emotional one and the cast did a super job...what an emotional scene when Horatio Caine (played by my favourite David Caruso) held Speedle in his arms before he died. And yes, to some who said that H (Horatio for short) should have cried, he DID shed a tear (if you have been observant). H did cry, just that it was not obvious to many of you. Alexx's emotional performance was great too (fyi, Alexx is the lady who does autopsy for the death in the show).

Speedle's death was a shock, but as read somewhere, his character has to 'die' in this Season as the man (his real name is Rory Cochrane) needs to move on with his career in some upcoming movies. I love Speedle and he has indeed left big shoes for the next guy to fill (which I heard is quite a boyish looking chap).

This episode drives home a good point on why it's so important to have good gun maintenance.

And back to my earlier comment on why I prefer CSI Miami and not LA/NY is because I feel that there is a personal touch, a sense of empathy and compassion in the Miami team as compared to LA/NY which focuses more on the cold hard evidence.

Well, indeed a tear jerking episode and what a way to kick off Season III even though it's a sad one!

No comments: