Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Dance Away......


I have always been interested in dancing since my younger days. I remembered the good old days when I was still schooling, the four of us (my I-wana-dance girlfriends) used to cheong Mambo nights at Zouk without fail. It would be followed by Mdm Wong/Da Jie at Mohammad Sultan road on Saturdays whereby we will dance to our hearts delight. We didn't seem quite get tired of all this partying, even till now. Although I have mellowed down for the past few years, however, with the spruce of some happening pubs for the past few years (eg. Thumper, MOS etc), it has gotten my feet itchy again.

Of lately, i have been catching the American show 'So you think you can dance' - http://www.fox.com/dance/showinfo/ (this is the search for America's next best undiscovered dancing talent) and I must said, the dancers were absolutely terrific! (and yes, my favourite contestant Benji is the winner!!!). It really makes me wonder what it takes to be a good professional dancer? Besides not having 2 left feet, I would think a good professional dancer got to be versatile in all genres of dance and that half the battle in becoming a professional dancer is also determination and motivation (I have the latter, but not the former though).

Well, I guess once a while, I just like to indulge in my own little dream - strutting my dance movements in front of the mirror. :)

No comments: