Wednesday, March 28, 2007

30th Birthday

Yikes! I turned 30 years old on Mar 24.

I must say it turned out pretty well with a cute little bitsy ‘Mr Ernie’ birthday cake for making it to 30 and still looking 20 (just leave this statement alone). :)



Anyway, I did received many greetings that day from friends and even ex-colleagues (thanks folks for remembering it). Some has a few words to say like; "Don’t think of it as 30 years old. Think of it as 3 decades", "No more change on the three red dollar bills for you now that you are 30 years old" and "30 is the new 20s. You earned it, so enjoy!!!".

For those not yet 30, know that the pain is temporary. The week leading up to and then the culmination on birthday day is painful but the next morning it's all gone...and sadly so are your 20's.

PS: That is the reason why I choose not to post this blog on my birthday. :P

1 comment:

Linda Ringwood said...

happy Birthday LilianQ...is that ur birthday cake? I'm feeling hungry now :) so what r ur plans? if u want some tip...have a look at my blog!