Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Not my day....

I guess I am suffering from the post Monday blue syndromes. My Tuesday did not turn out as well as I wanted to. Well...pretty down today actually

A bad start to the day:
1. Nope, I did not wake up on the wrong side of the bed. Rather, I couldn't get any sleep at all the whole night till about 5plus am before I managed to catch a few winks. Reason: It was hot and stuffy eventhough the air-con was on in my bedroom.

Dragged myself down to office at around 9pm and looked like a zombie when I arrive at work.

2. Just when I thought my day could not be that bad, my machine went crazy and refuse to grant me access to the internal websites which I needed so badly for my work. In the end, I had to make a trip down to the IT guys in my office to get it checked. Yes, luckily it was repaired, it worked and it saved my day (at least).
Reason: Unknown because I did not ask the guy what happened.

Well, what could be worst than not being able to access the files/folders I needed for my work. Had a good curry chicken lunch with MVP Darren. This young man is sure chatty and full of energy (if only you hear what his plans are for the upcoming months....what was I doing at his age???!!!).

The worst was yet to come....

3. Later that afternoon, I was informed by a colleague that a project that we were both working on for the past 6 months had to stop for FY08. Apparently, instructions came down from the top. Yikes!!!
Reason: Unknown at this point of time until I attend the meeting.

Stared blankly at my machine while still trying to digest the news I just heard. We were almost 3/4 through to pushing that project out and now??!!!!

Well, knock off at 5 plus and decided to go for a good run to relieve my pent up feelings for the day. Alas, it had to rain!!! Rainy days always make one moody and at that instant, I was plunged into a melancholy mood...sigh sigh..

Tomorrow, yes I can;t wait till tomorrow because tomorrow will be a better day. I am very sure of that and I will make sure it will be better than today.

Of course, I still have tonight to cherish. I think I am going to indulge myself in a sinful vanila walls ice-cream and sit myself in front of my TV for the rest of the night. No checking of mails tonight. :)

No comments: