Monday, July 30, 2007

Rainy Run

The last time I ran in the rain was back in my NPCC days. Yes, we called it the PT(Physical training) time and as we ran round the tracks with our Ma'ams leading the squad and singing and cheering to keep our spirits high up....it was totally effortless and enjoyable.

A sense of deja vu on Saturday 28th July as I ran in the OSIM Singapore International Trialthon relay competition with my partner at East Coast Park in the heavy pouring rain (minus the songs and cheers). I was literally soaked from head to toes and there goes my new and heavily invested pair of asics gel shoes getting all muddy, dirty and wet(my dearest shoes!!!).

It was really cold and definitely not a nice feeling running in the heavy pouring rain. Mind you, it was not just a passing rain or a slight drizzle, but a heavy and continuous downpour which lasted till about 2pm. Each step taken was definitely challenging as I have to leap, jump and cross over puddles of water, not to mention I have to avoid splashing the person next to me (sorry to whoever got splashed by me). I was just glad I crossed the finishing line in one soaking piece (haha). Yeah...it was a good run, but not an excellent one given the weather condition.

I can't wait for the Sheares Bridge run on Aug 26. I just hope that it will be Mr. Sun I am seeing instead of Mr. Rain.

No comments: