Friday, January 19, 2007

Disco Dance Fever


I was having a discussion with my friend last night and we came to an agreed consensus that nowadays, the songs that are being played by the DJs in pubs totally cannot make it. When we said 'cannot make it', it literally means that one finds it hard to dance to the tune of it. I have a good compliation of the 70s - 80s dance fever music and I would strongly recommend it to any of the DJs for them to spin it.

Some good 70s/80s dance hits which we have listed on the top of our chart
- ABBA's "Dancing Queen"
- ABBA " Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)"
- Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start The Fire"
- Don McLean's "American Pie"
- Kylie Minogue ''The Locomotion"
- A-ha "Take on Me"
- Bananarama "Love in the First Degree"
- Billy Joel "UpTown Girl"
- Culture Club "Karma Chameleon"
- DeBarge "Rhythm of the Night"

I must say the 70's/80's was a fantastic era for dance though... and I can still remember some of the steps to this day ! On that note, it's good to have a Retro-theme party once a while and everybody can just dance to the rhythm of the night....yeah

No comments: