Wednesday, May 30, 2007

This is Good night and not goodbye

Goodbye old house.

Well, I am just 11 hours plus away from the big move. Most of our things are in boxes (tons and tons of boxes) and there are boxes waiting to be filled when we finally leave. We had spent a wonderful almost 6 months in this house (not counting the time back in year 2004 when we first moved in here). This is the house that has brought back some good memories (my close friends are just one block down the street, my favourite fried rice is just a 10mins walk from my house, my favourite stadium where I do my morning jog, the swimming pool which kept me swimming like a fish always over the weekends...I could go on and on, but sadly...I know it's time to leave).

We have put lots of love into this house with our decorations and improving this and that. It feels weird leaving some place that you have gotten so used to for something new and unfamiliar. But I guess, changes are inevitable and so is the moving. Tomorrow (May 31), around this time, we will be moving into a new place, to make new memories in.

Nobody seems to be sad except me and I am sure on moving day when it comes to closing the door for the last time I will be more sad then I am at this moment. Living in this house, I was only about a mile away from where I grew up when i was young. It was actually within walking distance. Now I keep telling my mom that we should come back more often to eat the fried rice...

Hmm..this reminds me of a song which my squadmates used to sing during my NPCC (National Police Cadet Corps) days. It's called 'Linger' and it goes like this..

Hm hm, I want to linger here,
hm hm, a little longer here,
hmhm, a little longer here with you.

Hm hm, it's such a perfect night,
hm hm, it doesn't seems quite right,
hm hm, this is my last night here with you.

Hm hm, and as the years goes by,
hm hm, I think of you and cry,
hm hm, this is good night and not good bye.'

No comments: