Monday, May 21, 2007

I'm Moving Again

Yes, I am moving again. Not suprising to those who knew me. I would think I have shifted house many times as compared to anyone in Singapore (unless you are talking about someone on the run from bad debts..haha). The first time I shifted house was from my 4 room apartment at Jalan Rajah (Balastier Road) which I had grown up since young to a 5 room HDB flat in Toa Payoh. (My parents got the house through balloting and you can say they were lucky at the first shot!) A few years later, after my brother got married and I thought I could have his bigger room all to myself, my parents decided to downgrade to a 4 room flat in Sengkang. After staying there for less than 2 years, we are back again at Toa Payoh temporarily and this time round, we are moving further away. Yes, my next home will be in Sembawang. A nice little cosy 4 room HDB (very much like a condo-style design minus the swimming pool...shucks!) with a good bird eye's view facing the Straits of Johor. See,I am so close to our neighbours!!!

And yes, it's finally happening again. That time of the year to lug boxes of my belongings from one end of Singapore to another via a lorry. The thing is I have radically reduced the number of my belongings (to throw or not to throw dilemma has once again surfaced). All my clothes will fit into my 3 large suitcases. The only huge items are my computer, my toy-car collection and yes, all my soft toys (I have hundreds of this furry stuff which after much deliberation, I have decided to keep it and not throw away. Bring back those good old memories).

Moi will be shifting on Vesak day - May 31. Yup..moving to a new home with new curtains, new sofa, new bed, new LCD TV...well, practically, everything is new for me. A new start in good old Sembawang!

No comments: