Thursday, August 23, 2007

It still warms my heart till today

I'm not sure if it's just me, but I guess it's just one of those rather old-fashioned (or 'obiang') things that stills warms my heart till today.

I was going through my boxes of letters and greeting cards today which i have received many years back (yes, since the age of 15 and so you can imagine the stacks of cards/letters I have and don't ask me why I still bother to keep those letters/greeting cards and why I am reading it). As I go through each card and letter, reading the wordings on it, the thought of the sender being so sweet about certain things, the words of encouragment etc really made me felt very special and thankful.

Every little post meant a lot to me and it still means alot to me now. I do still get them often from some ever faithful friends - Penny, Mfng, KY.

I still remembered I hand-wrote a letter to a guy friend while he was serving his National service in 1996 to update him on how I was 'surviving' in the University. Back then, everybody has started using the email as the main form of communication. While, guess I was kind of anti-email then and I felt nothing would be better than to hand-write a letter to him. I was absolutely right when he wrote back to say it has been ages since he last received a hand-written letter and he was glad that I was so thoughtful on this. (See what I mean about warming someone's heart).

I hope I'm not being too emotional when I say that sometimes tears do well up in my eyes when I read the letters/greeting cards from all my friends/cadets/ma'ams/, especially when the day is long or it's just one of those nights when I am deep in my own thoughts.

No comments: