Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bad experience with Tour Agency

I had a bad experience with one of the tour agencies in town - ASAHolidays. I had initially booked my tour package to Europe with fatcat somewhere in early October this year. The tour staff who made our bookings verbally confirmed that the tour was set to go on Nov 19 (the date of our tour) and informed that he will update us on the status nearer the date.

We waited till this week (Nov 5) and yet receive no calls from ASA. So, I called their mainline and what was horrendous was that I was put through a chain of call-waiting, silence, phone cutting off and impatient staff who ultimately broke the bad news that there was not enough people to go on this particular date and we had the choice of either (a) pushing it to a further date (29 Nov) or (b) request for a full refund. All this time, I was wondering don't they even have the slightest courtesy to call us and update us on the status instead of having us to call them and being put on call-waiting and all kinds of nonsense?

So, in the end, I decided why should we be throwing our money to ASAholidays when their customer service sucks bad time. Honestly for me, I have never experienced such bad services with other travel services and this was the first and last time I will be using ASAHolidays for any travel plans.

The hilarious part was when I requested for a full refund on my booking, the guy who was supposed to send us the authorization form for filling up left out the attachment in his email and all we got what his email (without attachement and directly quoted from his email) 'Please kindly FEEL up the form and send it back asap please.'

Oh my god!!! I was really in stitches when I read the email and was tempted to reply 'How do you expect me to FEEL up the form when I can't even see the form?'Well, at least...something to laugh it off despite not being able to get on my desired tour.

No comments: