Friday, November 02, 2007

The search for my Hokkien Mee

Eversince I cut down on my carbo (yes, abstain from loading up too much of rice, noodles and fatty stuff) to train for the Singapore Run and Realrun, I had a sudden craving for Hokkien Mee lately. Just for dinner last night, I had a hard time finding a smacking licking good Hokkien Mee stall in Sun Plaza. Sniffing out a good plate of Hokkien mee seems fruitless as I am quite a fussy eater when it comes to my plate of Hokkien mee.

I prefer my Hokkien mee to be cooked in my ways:
a) A mixture of the thin beehoon with the thick beehoon gives more bite
b) The sauce has to be gooey, wet and slurpy (yum yum)
c) Best not to have pork lard although I know that is the ingredient that gives the whole dish it's own characteristics

A dash of lime sauce and some red hot chili and I am all set to gooble down my hokkien mee. I guess I will go in search for my Hokkien Mee tonight again...

No comments: