Friday, June 22, 2007

Getting out there

This whole week I took a long run around my new neighbourhood - the lovely Sembawang for 4 consecutive days. The run took me about an hour each and for the next 3 days, I took an abbreviated version of the same run again. It was a great run and definitely very exciting as the momentum starts building up, the endorphins start setting in and yes, I feel so much lighter.

Call me a sucker for running, I have been hitting the tracks since 1998. From an alternate day jog to a daily run and it has become a routine of mine since that day. It was quite unfortunate that because of this daily run, my right knee has suffered some bad injury over the past few years and I can see signs of slowing down when the pain sets in after the 3rd lap. Nevertheless, I hope I am recuperating well enough to take part in the Sheares Bridge and Standard Chartered run again this year.

Running is definitely an exercise which I will not be giving up yet, I guess even when I am older, I would still want to continue running - for life!. Also it seems like the more I exercise the hungrier I become....:)

No comments: