Friday, June 15, 2007

Transformers, Robots in Disguise


The beast machines are back in action in the cinema! Yes, i remembered watching the Transformers with my brother when I was young and singing to the tune of 'Transformers, robots in disguise....' (if I could still remembered the rest of the lyrics). Back in my younger days, the Transformers was the most-watched television show in my house in line with other popular shows like the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Smurfs and Scooby Doo (Scooby Doo was my favourite!). However, at that age, i could never really understand a single thing in the show except for the fact that I go WOW everytime they transformed into a robot. And my brother had to remind me everytime I watched the show 'Decepticons hate Autobots. Optimus Prime, the heroic red Mack truck, led the Autobots and wished one day the Decepticons would cease their evil ways. Megatron, the fancy pistol, was the leader of the Decepticons, and he cursed the goody-goody Autobots and their constructive outlook on life.' (Yeah, as though I can understand what he said at that age...haha)

In Transformers, the rules were clear. According to the Transformers Armada story line, while the Autobots and Decepticons battle for control of their home planet Cybertron, a signal reaches them from a distant planet, revealing the existence of the Mini-Con robots. This lost race of transformers has awakened after centuries of hibernation on Earth. The Autobots and Decepticons race to Earth each hoping to find the Mini-Cons first so they can partner with them and gain powerful new abilities. At my younger age, I would think that it's really amazing and incredible to think that everyone could transform from a vehicle -- or cassette tape or gun or dinosaur, in some cases -- into a robot.

How I wish that one day, we can be transformed into something too whenever we feel like it (Hah! Dream on Lilian!!!)

Catch the trailer here for all Transformers fans!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZp75fWe-ss

No comments: