Friday, June 29, 2007

A Ghost Story......

Hmm...I have been thinking lately whether I should or should not write a ghost story for the past few days. Afterall, I am a horror fan and loves anything that has gore and horror in it. Yes, debating with me, myself and Lilian and still debating.

Ok. I was kind of attracted by the Straits Time 'Scariest Ghost Story' competition and was thinking of giving it a shot. I have heard some real life ghost stories in the past. Stories from my army guy friends in Pulau Tekong, my uncle's real encounter with a female ghost, my mum telling me about Pontianak when I was young and yes, watching MTV Utt hosting the 'Incredible Tales' (although I must admit I watched the show more for Utt..hehe). However, it gets a bit tricky as I have not personally encounter any scary stuff for the past 30 years (even the scary shows in cinemas ain't scary abit...). I was thinking of some encounters that will freak readers out, you know, those kind that will make your hair stand and send shivers down one's spine...yes...those kind of experience is what I need to write a real ghost story and walk away with the prize! (grinning)

I have read books by horror writer Goh Sin Tub and always find it unbelieveable. Unbelieveable in a sense that I ain't sure whether it is really true or that man sure has a wonderful imagination. Anyway, the price for the 'Scariest Ghost Story' doesn't look that lucrative to me...hmmm....but if anyone got any paranormal encounters to share, this might help to stimulate some creative juices in me and FREAK me out.

I think I will make use of the weekends to 'interview' some of my friends on this...hehe...FREAKY!!!

No comments: